Swam my last Saturday morning masters for a while. I’ll be back as soon as I can, but I know it’s going to be a long road back, especially getting to the pace and lane I’ve been swimming in. I’ve worked really hard to get to where I am, I’m going to have to work twice as hard to get back.
Next up was a short outside ride, it will be a while before I’m doing any outside rides again. And I was reminded why the surgeon said I should stay away from road riding or even running outdoors for a while. While turning around on a cul de sac I was literally tackled from behind by a loose dog that I didn’t even see was loose. Well, he wasn’t loose when we passed him, he was being held by his owner. The dog wasn’t struggling to get away or barking or anything that would have given me an idea I should be worried. Next thing I knew, a hard strike to the back wheel and down I went, in what felt like slow motion. That happened at the same time I heard my friend Ben saying something about stopping for a dog. He watched it all from behind. I only landed on my knee. No damage to my bike or my new Coeur Sports bib shorts thankfully! It is the first time I wore them. PS — I absolutely love them. Very comfy, not too bulky of a chamois and the side zip on the leg is a bonus for sure.
Some other very random reasons why everything is going to be okay and a few other somewhat illogical thoughts.
- I finally have Enve race wheels. I’ve ridden them just a few times in training. I still need to use them in a race.
- I just got my Global Entry Number, it cost $100 and is good for five years. I need to use it.
- I have an awful lot of nice clothes, both workout and “regular” that I need to wear more.
- I already paid in full for my premium share of vegetables for the upcoming season from Honeybrook Organic Farms. I need to be able to cook and eat them.
- I almost bought a really cute new bathing suit this week for our vacation. I tried it on and realized that I may want to wait till after my surgery. Not that I’m worried about showing a scar. I just probably won’t want to be exposing it to the sun, at least this year.
- I’m still fretting over first world problems. I’m worried that I won’t be able to go to my gym since I’ll be at a high risk for infection. Someone else I know with cancer is worried because if he can’t work it will be a struggle to support his family.
2 Replies to “Saturday Happenings and Random Thoughts”
Love you ❤️